Grow your email database with lead ( customer) magnets
What Is A Lead Magnet
It is difficult to get a website visitor to give you their email address unless they want to enquire about a holiday. But most visitors are not ready to make that enquiry until they know more about you and what better way to tell them than with a series of ‘drip’ emails telling them your USP and precisely why you are the travel business to book through.
Lead Magnets are generally ‘free’ resources that you can provide to a website visitor to persuade them to give you their email address. Lead Magnets typically take the form of e-books, checklists and similar downloadable information that helps a website visitor for free, in exchange for their email address.
It is a great way of proving your expertise while capturing their email address.
How do they work?
Typically on any page you include a Call to Action (CTA)
Example: A website visitor visits a page on your website about Indian Ocean Holidays. What CTA could you use?
In the example here we have included 3 different CTA’s you can use:
(a) Large banner Call to Action to get the guide
(b) An inline form that you can add into your content as below
(c) A permanent banner at the bottom of the page ( see bottom of this page)
(d) Share links on social media for instant access once email has been provided – e.g.this link https://ebooks.net-effect.co.uk/which-indian-ocean-island
2. The Call to Action asks the user to add their details
3. The user is emailed a link to the lead magnet ( guide)
4. Kickback email: The kickback email is set to send a follow up message / sequence of messages a short while after the lead magnet is provided. This email campaign starts a conversation with the lead to keep them engaged with your business.
NB: For content – every blog you write has the potential of being turned into a lead magnet as we did with this example on Choosing an Indian Ocean Island Getaway.
Lead Magnet Ideas to try for your travel business
- The mini e-book | This could be a destination Guide like the example on this page / or holiday type guide
- The Ultimate Guide: e.g. Ultimate Holiday Packing List
- The Checklist: A Packing List
- The Secret: Our Guide to Secret Places in … [Greece], [France] etc.
What to do now?
Try out any of the 3 Calls To Action on this page to see this in action
Price / Upgrade to Email Marketing
Website Pop Ups / Calls to Action linked to your Lead Magnet(s)
Link to your email list to schedule Drip Sequence Emails
Custom Domain - e.g. ebooks.yourdomain.com/ultimatepackingguide
We can turn your Content into a Smart PDF with your branding from £95 per resource